Monday, October 25, 2010

Sick Days, etc.

While Brad was doing some networking/recruiting in Utah, Donovan and I did our best to stay busy and entertained. We bought a new game that he still wants to play almost every night and played with Addi on Monday and Tuesday.




She is starting to get very daring...I have to keep a pretty good eye on her! Donovan loves when Addi comes over, he has someone to play with other than his mommy. They play pretty well together until they want the same toy...but that's how most childhood friendships go, right?

On Tuesday night, Donovan woke up every couple of hours crying and had a fever all through the night and most of Wednesday. I thought he was feeling better and his fever was gone that afternoon so we went to a soccer game so we could get some fresh air...that lasted about 45 minutes before he came to me whining about wanting to go home, and the fever had returned. For the rest of the night, we just took it easy. On Thursday, the fever was gone by midmorning and he was acting more like himself, he even wanted to eat something! I still made him take it easy and we watched shows and hung out on the couch for most of the day. We both got a little more sleep that night and the next day we were ready to get out and play!
We decided to pack a lunch and take a walk to the park. Scott, Mason, and Addi happened to be there! It was fun running into them without planning it. Scott found a caterpillar on the playground, so he decided to relocate it and the kids were all curious.


Then they found sticks to throw off the bridge. She has the cutest little grin and such a fun little personality!

Donovan is so happy to have Brad back!! He has been all over him since he got back Friday night.
He loves his daddy. Even though he prefers his mommy to brush his teeth and read him books most nights, his daddy is the only one that can give him "hoo hoo" kisses before bed. I've tried, and he tells me, "no, that's daddy's job." For those of you who don't know what a "hoo hoo" kiss is, I wish I could explain it. You really have to see it. Donovan loves it.
We always miss Bradley when he's gone. Even when he's not sick, Donovan doesn't sleep great when Brad is gone. Those are the nights I expect to wake up at least twice. We're glad he's home and we're excited to join him at the Region Tournament this weekend, Districts will be at home, and Nationals are in Kansas this year so we'll make it out there for at least a few days. We won't be apart for more than a few days until mid-December...and we couldn't be happier!!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

It is always hard when the kids are sick but it makes even that more hard when daddy is out of town when the kids are sick. I would love to see what a hoo hoo kiss is

Kirsta Silvey said...

Huzzah for having the family together! I'm glad Donovan is feeling better. Sick kids are the worst. Addi is super cute. I want her to come play at my house!

Silvey Mothership said...

sorry Donovan has been sick. It's no fun for anyone when that happens. Addi is adorable! I'm so glad she gets to be with you guys when she can't be with her family. You have some really cute pictures!