Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally!

We are finally in our new apartment. It actually isn't new, it's the same apartment complex we were in before Brad got the job in Housing. It is pretty small compared to our apartment on campus, but we like the complex because it is only 8 apartments! We really didn't want to live around a million people and we didn't want to live in a crappy house. People seriously don't know how to take care of their rental homes, they were pretty disgusting. We thought about buying, but really don't think we will be around for more than a few years and don't want to get stuck with a house. Anyway, we are almost unpacked, we just have some pictures to hang and other misc. stuff to do. The worst is over! We have now moved 5 times since we got married, 4 times in Council Bluffs...I hate moving.

I will give you a quick update on Donovan. He has finally found something he is attached to. Hannah bought him some "Handy Manny" (a show on Playhouse Disney) jammies. He loves to wear them and cries when I take them off the next morning. He likes them way too much. When I put them in the hamper this morning he pulled them out again and tried to convince me to put them back on. He was pretty sad when I didn't, but he got over it when I got him excited about the shirt I wanted him to wear. I will have to take a picture of him with him Manny pj's on, they are pretty cute. He is so funny. He is getting way too smart and knows how to get his way when he is determined. He can be such a stinker, but he is getting to be so much fun. He cracks us up with some of the silly things he does.

4 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

I'm glad you found a place, but I'm sad it's so tiny. Hopefully you won't have to live there (there could also mean Iowa in general) too terribly long.

heidijogoody said...

I bet your life has been pretty crazy with moving in and all. Glad to hear things are getting settled. I love the new picture of Donavon at the top.

Anonymous said...

Same place you were at when Nov was born? Upstairs or downstairs? I liked that place. Not often do you see semi-tame deer and rabbits in your yard in the middle of town.

Silvey Mothership said...

Wow, back to the old neighborhood. Glad you are getting settled though. Now, when will Brad be back out this way to recruit again? We are all ready to see Donovan again! Hannah showed me the jammies - way cute. IT's fun that he is so attached to them.