Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lots to catch up on...

Summer in the Midwest has been HOT!  If we spend any time outside at all, it's getting wet to stay cool!
 We have done some boating.  Chamae got her first taste of a boat and she loves it.

 Donovan is a professional kneeboarder.  The first time he tried it, I was pretty anxious and on edge the whole time, ready to jump in the water to save him, but he did great.  He was really brave.  I didn't get any pictures of the last time we went.  He has become much braver and pulls some pretty sweet dance moves while riding.
 I did The Color Run 5k a couple of weeks ago.  It was fun, but it was HOT!


 Brad's friend, Will, is going to Law School in Iowa, so before school starts, he and his family made a trip to our house to play and go to the zoo.






 Donovan and their two girls had a blast together!  Chamae had fun to, but she isn't at the "play well with other kids" stage.  It was a hot day for the zoo, but we had fun!
In other news, I had a Staph infection right below my knee.  It was nasty and extremely painful and I still don't really know how I got it, but it is healing nicely now.  I have 3 days left of antibiotics after today, it won't come soon enough!  I am so ready to be done with it. 

2 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Love the pictures! I'm sure Lake Manawa is the giver of staph! Looks like fun with the Black's nice they could visit and now have friends closer. Hope the heat goes away soon, sounds miserable!

heidijogoody said...

Looks like lots of summer fun. That sucks about your staff infection. Glad it is getting better.