I apologize for not posting any pictures lately. I don't have any! We still haven't found our camera and Brad doesn't want to get a new one yet so it may be a while. I will try to take some video with our actual video camera this week if I can figure out how to use it. Donovan has been learning a lot lately. He can open just about any door, except our front door, thank goodness! He is starting to play really silly pretend games by himself. He says quite a few words now, and you can understand most of them if you really pay attention! He has surprised us a lot the last few days with some of the words he has been using. Some of them include: "baby", "Addi" (Lenna heard that one), "please", "thank you", "Hannah" (that is one he says almost perfectly now), "hello" (more like "hewo", it used to sound like "whoa"), "ow" (he says this anytime he sees a scratch), "kitty" (or "kee"), and a few others that I can't think of right now. He is still a little ball of energy. If I had half his energy I would have no problem getting through a whole day without feeling exhausted! I don't know if I posted this before, most people have already heard about it, but Donovan loves to sing! Especially at church when someone is trying to give a talk. One week, Brad was gone and it was just Donovan and me so we had to spend some time in the foyer before he calmed down enough to sit in Sacrament Meeting. When we finally sat down, there was only one seat left next to some grumpy old people in our ward, so we sat on one end and they were on the other. Donovan, being the friendly boy he is, took his crayons and markers to their side and was trying to make the grumpy old lady color with him. I know I probably should have controlled him a little better, but he was being really quiet and good! So he starts coloring by himself, after being unable to get her to grasp the marker he was trying to force into her hand, and begins to sing. He got shushed by the grumpy old lady! I almost busted up laughing right in the middle of Sacrament Meeting. I thought it was pretty funny, did she realize he isn't even 2 yet? I remember being at a regional conference where President Monson spoke (he was still a counselor at that time) and reminded everyone that little children have big spirits inside little bodies, so it's hard for them to sit still and keep it all in! Sometimes I have to remind myself of that when I get embarrassed about Donovan's outbursts. He is such a sweet little boy, but he sure can try my patience!! He knows how to push all of my buttons, good and bad. I can't believe he is almost 2 years old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
FYI...if you would like to borrow our extra camera, we wouldn't mind. Also, who was the grumpy lady? Just curious who that would have been. And yes...Donovan really is beginning to come up with some awesome words. He'll probably wake up one day and surprise us all with full on sentences.
I love hearing stories about that little booger, but they make me miss him. He really does have more energy than that little body can hold.
Didn't he get shushed before by some little old lady? He's too funny. Faye missed him at her birthday today and we missed all of you at the reunion last weekend. Even Bradley.
I commented on this but must have forgotten to publish- sorry. I commented that I couldn't believe anyone old or not could resist a cute boy wanting to share his markers and color! I will again remind you that Dvan gets his busyness so honestly from his dad. Some Sundays when Sam was on the stand I would have to send him up to sit with his dad. Ask him if he remembers that? I'm excited he is getting more words down. It is nice when they can use words to tell you what is wrong, what they want, etc. Also, in my opinion a must to begin potty training.
Fun story DeAnna.
Post a Comment